Kihei Villages Kihei Villages  

  About Us
  Our Location
  Contact Us
  Pest Control Schedule
  Board Members, Staff & Managing Agent
  General Office & Request Forms
  House Rules
  Clubhouse Policy & Form
  Disaster Preparedness
  Suggestion Box
  Upcoming Events
  Condos for Sale/Rent
  Board Of Directors Reports
  BOD Minutes, Committees & Policies
  KV Budget, Reserves & Financials
  KV AOAO Contracts
  Servco Pacific Ins. Summary

Kihei Villages Commonly Asked Questions and Answers.

  • What is KV's policy on pets?
    Excerpt from Kihei Villages House Rules - 
    XVIII. Pets:
    A. No livestock, poultry, rabbits, or unauthorized animals whatsoever shall be allowed or
    kept in any part of the Kihei Villages property.
    1. The board has determined that a “Reasonable Number” of animals per apartment,
    excluding a fish tank, is maximum of two (2) animals to include a Service Animal (dog) or
    an Emotional Support Animal (ESA), and are to be kept by occupants inside their
    respective apartments.
    2. With the exception of fish, all pets must be registered with the AOAO at the
    office. Failure to register the animal(s) shall be a violation and will result in fines or
    further action in accordance with this policy.
    3. Animal registration form can be found on the Kihei Villages Website or obtained
    from the Office.
    4. A photo of the animal(s) shall be submitted with the form.
    B. All animals must be in compliance with Hawaii State Statutes and Maui County Code
    regarding licensing and leashing. Cats and dogs must wear identification tags at all times. Dogs
    must be currently licensed by the County of Maui. The owner must provide a copy of the license
    to the office.
    1. Animals will receive a Kihei Villages ID tag upon approved registration issued at
    no cost to the owner. Owners will be responsible for any replacement tags. Failure to
    display a tag is a violation and may result in a fine.
    2. All Service or EMS animals are required to have certification documents on file
    with the office.
    C. Leash Law: In accordance with Maui County Code 6.04-040, your dog must be under
    restraint at all times, whether it is hand carried, leashed or in a pet carrier.
    1. Leash is not to exceed ten (10) feet in length and must be held by a responsible
    2. Extendable or retractable leashes are not allowed on premises.
    3. Animals must not be allowed to roam unattended in the common areas.
    4. Animal Owners must maintain control of their animal at all times.
    D. Dogs should not be left alone for more than 9 hours. When AOA0 Management has
    reasonable cause to believe that an animal is alone in an apartment and the animal is creating a
    disturbance or any other emergency situation appears to exist with respect to the animal,
    management will attempt to contact the occupant to remedy the issue. If management has to
    enter the unit to care for the animal, the occupants are responsible for any cost incurred by the
    E. Disturbance by Animals No animals shall be allowed to become a nuisance or create
    any unreasonable disturbance. Examples of nuisance type behavior include but not limited to:
    1. Personal injury or property damage caused by unruly or aggressive behavior.
    2. Animals that exhibit vicious behavior which includes responding aggressively to
    persons on property and/or neighbors.
    3. Immediate fine of $250.00 will be levied for animals that attack other animals or
    4. Immediate fine $200.00 for those who do not pick up pet waste in a common
    5. Animals that make noise continuously and/or incessantly causing a disturbance.
    6. Roaming or unattended animals. Cats are considered inside animals and cannot
    roam the property.
    7. Animals may not defecate on the association property including lanais and patios
    without immediate removal, cleaning, and discarding of waste.
    8. Animals also may not urinate on upper lanais or patios. Litter must be placed in
    tied plastic bags, disposed of in the dumpster, or pet waste stations, and may not be
    disposed of in toilets.
    9. Animals that are unclean or parasite infected must be treated.
    10. Animal Waste - Owners and occupants shall be responsible for the daily and
    proper removal of all fecal matter (animal waste) of their pet within the fenced yard. If
    needed, the yard is to be treated so no fecal odor is present long enough to cause an odor
    problem or health hazard. This applies to both dogs and cats.
    F. Caged Birds: A domestic bird must be caged and kept inside.
    1. Cages are not to exceed eight (8) cubic feet (length x width x height).
    2. The owner of any bird that disturbs other occupants, may be asked to have it
    removed from the property.
    3. Large and noisy birds like Cockatoos, Macaws, and Parrots are not authorized,
    and therefore are not permitted.
    G. Injuries or Damages- Notwithstanding, any other provision herein, the BOARD may
    require immediate and permanent removal of the animal in addition to applicable fines and/or
    fees for necessary legal remedies incurred by Kihei Villages if an animal;
    1. Causes injury to any person, other animals or property damage in the common
    areas of the property,
    2. Or the animal’s unreasonable disturbances cannot be remedied,
    H. Stray Animals: Feeding stray animals in the common areas or fenced yards is strictly
    prohibited. Encouraging stray animals to come on the premises is NOT PERMITTED.
  • Does the KV site office handle rentals?
    Kihei Villages site office does not handle rentals.  All units at Kihei Villages are individually owned and rented by the owner or their rental agent.
  • Is there assigned parking?
    Parking spaces are part of your deed when you purchase your unit, so check your deed for your parking space number(s). If you are purchasing a unit, the property description should also contain the parking space number(s) the seller is including.  Owner and guest parking spaces are clearly marked.
  • Does KV supply cable?
    Kihei Villages maintenance fees do include basic cable. Other amenities such as broadband can be added at residents expense.  If you would like to upgrade from basic cable or add internet through Spectrum/Oceanic Time Warner Cable please call (808)643-2100 or (808)643-0144.
  • Are vacation rentals allowed?
    Short term rentals are not allowed at Kihei Villages.  Units need to be rented six months or longer.
  • Can I have a BBQ?
    Cooking with propane or electric grills is permitted on private lanais and yards.  Charcoal grills are not allowed on private lanais;  however, there are charcoal grills located at the Club House park area that are available for residents to use.
    Please see the House Rules for more information.
  • Who can use Visitor Parking?
    Visitor Parking is for guests of residents.  Residents are not to park there.  (It is allowed for very brief loading and unloading of a vehicle).  Special permission is needed by either Security or the Office for a resident to park in Visitor for an extended period of time or overnight.  Guests who visit during the day do not need a parking pass; however, if a guest is to stay overnight, they need to get a pass.  Security, who is on duty after hours and on weekends/holidays,  is allowed to issue passes for one night during the week and may give a pass for the weekend when the Office is closed.  If an extended visitor pass is needed the resident needs to contact the Office.  ID and the license plate number of the vehicle are both needed in order for a pass to be issued.   Contact the Office with questions. 808-874-5454.
  • What if I only have one assigned stall but two vehicles?
    First, register all cars so that any of your vehicles may park in your assigned stall.  A second stall can be rented.  This is done through individuals that choose to rent out their spot.  The Office does not handle any stall rentals; however, if you do find a stall to rent, a stall rental agreement needs to be turned in to the Office.  This way the Office is aware of who is parking where, in case there is some reason the vehicle needs to be moved or in case of an emergency.  It also confirms permission was granted by the rentor.  Those renting a stall or needing to rent one may place an ad in the classified area of this website, or put a note on the bulletin board in the Office.
  • How do I get mail and packages?
    There is a cluster box located in the area of your building that will have your building and unit number on it.  If renting, your landlord or property manager will provide you with a key.  If you are a new owner, the previous owner should provide the mailbox key.  If you do not have a key or lose it, you need to contact the Post Office to have them install a new locking mechanism and they will provide you with new keys.  Packages that can fit in the larger parcel boxes are often used by the Post Office to deliver your package.  They will leave a key in your smaller box, which has a number on it that corresponds to the larger parcel post.  UPS and FedEx will deliver directly to your unit.  The KV Office does not accept mail or packages for residents.  It is very important that your mail and packages include both your building and unit number to ensure proper delivery.